The Diocese of Savannah is committed to providing safe environments and fostering continuous improvement in every organization that sponsors activities and/or provides services to children and youth. Listed below are the minimum requirements that must be met by any adult (age 18 or over) who works/volunteers in a Diocese of Savannah Church, School or Social Service Agency AND comes into contact with any youth (under age 18) during the course of their ministry.
- Attendance at the VIRTUS “Protecting God’s Children for Adults (PGCA)” Training
- Registration of the above training on the website www.virtusonline.org. Registration is preferred prior to the class but can be completed after the class.
- A National Criminal Background check, a check of the Sex Offender’s Registry, and (preferred) a verification of the Social Security Number at least once every five years
- Read the Diocesan “Code of Conduct” and agree to its terms by signing the back page and turning it into your church or school
- Completing the “Safe Environment Refresher Training” on the VIRTUS website if it has been five years or more since attending the PGCA class.
For more information, please go to the Diocese of Savannah’s website. Click here for the direct link https://diosav.org/childyouthprotection.
- Diocesean Code of Conduct
- Form for Background Check
- Safe Environment Refresher Training
- click here for a schedule for VIRTUS classes https://diosav.org/calendar/month