The mission of the Parish Council is to offer help and advice to the Pastor and to oversee the operations of the church. Members are elected to serve three-year terms. Anyone who has been a member of St William for one year and is 18 years or older is eligible to serve. For more information, please contact the President of Parish Council, Burt DeVitte at 269-0756 or 638-6000.
- A vital role in the decision-making process on the parish level.
- Cooperating with the Pastor & his associates on spiritual, financial, and social activities of the parish.
- Encourage spiritual development
- Coordinate parish organization activities without setting policies for those organizations.
- Encourage the involvement of parishioners in parish activities.
- Appoint standing committees responsible for specific areas of activity.
- Review comments and suggestions from parishioners regarding parish operations
- Build up the Church and contribute to the evangelizing efforts.
- The Pastor and his associate Pastor and Deacon, the Chairperson of the Parish Finance Council, and nine (9) parishioners elected by parish members. This is the usual make up of the Council.
- The Council meets every other month beginning in January.